Monday, May 08, 2006

Lack of Planning

OK, I know it's been a little while since I have blogged, but I am back now. I have just started my video podcast series on "10 Biggest Mistakes Homeowners Make When Selling Their Home".

If you haven't subscribed to my video podcast, here is the feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/417Dwellings
Copy & paste the link into your news reader (one that plays videos) or into iTunes. Please contact me if you need further explanation on how to do this. It really is easy, it just sounds hard if you're not into this whole blogging/podcasting thing. :)

Anyway, I find so many times that home Sellers make many big mistakes when selling their home. And that is whether or not they do it with a Realtor or on their own. My first episode in the series is about not doing enough planning & researching. Kind of like I did here, in not planning enough time to blog daily to keep you informed of things happening in the real estate world!

First, Sellers need to consider why they are selling their home or what their motivation in selling their home is. Are you selling your home to get a bigger one? Are you selling because you don't like the neighborhood? Has your job moved you out of the area? Are you selling because it's time for a change? Or do you just want to see how much money you can make when you sell your home? All of these questions are good to ask yourself because it will determine your motivation in selling your home and determine the time and energy you want to put into this big project.

Sellers often don't plan what they are going to do if they get an immediate sale on their home. Most often they don't know where they are going to go whether it be staying at a relative's home or renting another home or just go ahead and purchase a different one. You must plan for the unexpected and be prepared for it.

What are your fears/uncertainties you may have regarding selling your home? Let me help you work thru it and give you some help in the planning and research process of selling your home. Comment on this post and we'll discuss it. I have only scratched the surface here. :)

Until next time...

No comments: