Sunday, April 23, 2006

Tornado Alley & Insurance Issues

On March 12, 2006, an F3 Tornado ripped through Nixa, Missouri (juts 3 miles south of Springfield). One of my clients homes that I sold them a few years ago got hit hard. It tore the roof off and did some major damage to their beautiful custom-built home. The good news out of all of this is that everyone is OK and unharmed. It was amazing walking through the damaged home to see all of the debris piles and broken windows, and then see a cell phone charger, fax machine or lamp laying among the debris. Although most of their stuff got moved out already (the big furniture items and clothing, etc.) by the time we had walked through it, it was still very sad to see the wrath of weather hit their home and miss the next. Don't get me wrong, their neighbors were hit too, some more devistating that this one. And then some homes in the neighborhood had hardly any damage at all.

I had been working on filming on a "Insurance Issues Insured" podcast series, talking about all of the odds and ends of insurance and good reasons to have it. I insure you that it will be interesting. After walking thru the tornado ravaged areas, I figured that this would be a great place to film the introduction. Starting Monday (tomorrow) I am going to be doing a multi-part series about insurance, so don't miss it.

Here is a link to my insurance podcast intro filmed on location:
http://www.dizmangassociates.com/podcasts/Insurance_Intro.mov
Remember to be patient and let it load, it takes a few seconds to load.

I want to know about your insurance issues. Comment on this blog and tell me about your experiences with insurance, and/or disasters like a tornado, fire or hurricane.

Until next time...

No comments: