Wednesday, March 22, 2006

It's Cruise'n time!

Stress got hold of you? There is never a bad time for a cruise. Taking a cruise to get away from it all is one of the best things you could do for yourself. It forces you to relax, unwind, and get away from the daily grind that we all go through. If forces you to turn your cell phone off and leave the worries behind; something in this day and age we tend not to do when taking a "normal" vacation with the family.

I try to take one at least once a year, if not more, and by the second day I feel a huge relief come over me that I find only a ship. Oddly enough, I am so sensitive to motion sickness that I even suffer from it sitting in my wheeled desk chair. However, most ships are so large you hardly know they are moving, and I always take one of those little white pills which always does the trick. (I had to say it that way since I don't know how to spell Dramirene? I can't say it right either) Trust me, I have had and ulcer in the past from stress, working too much, not enough exercise, blah, blah, blah. I have learned it is way cheaper and much more fun to cruise than to lay in the hospital being treated for an ulcer. And as you and I both know, it is always someone else, not me.

I can't afford it! Oh shut up. You can afford what you choose to afford. Quit eating out, quit smoking, quit buying stupid impulse purchases and give your body a break. And no, $200 purses and $2000 spinner wheels are not a need. Cruises during the right time of year can be as cheap as $300 for an inside cabin, which is all you need. If money is tight, go be stupid and spend a lot on a cabin that you really don't need. They are all the same for the most part, you are just paying for the location of the cabin.

So plan it now, go get a break and enjoy life! Your heart, stomach, and spouse will thank you for it.

Paul
18 cruises and counting

No comments: