Monday, April 10, 2006

I Hate Rentals!


I love rentals. I hate rentals. Truly a bittersweet arrangement.

Rental property investing is truly one of the best things I have ever done. It allows one to take a small amount of money and watch it grow over the years into a nice investment. It is real property. Property that has all five senses. You can see it, feel it, smell it (althought sometimes you don't want to), hear it (as the floors sometimes squeak) and taste the beauty of profit.

So why then would anyone "hate rentals?" I really don't; it is the day to day activities that bog most people down. It is about the people, and you learn in time that some are truly wonderful and you would do anything for them, while others have one objective in life, and that is to make your life miserable. I have never said it is easy, actually it is quite difficult to do it yourself and do it well. This is why I strongly advise that one hires a property manager to handle the day to day activities. All of my clients love the fact that we take care of everything while they do what they specialize in and leave the details to us. Although hiring a property manager does have a cost associated with it, the fact that once-you-buy-the-property-you-are-done is what is so appealing to our clients.

So, if you decide to invest in rental property, let a pro handle all the details so that you can rest at night in peace while he deals with backed up sewer at 2 a.m.

Call me, Paul Dizmang, for more information on how I can help you manage your rental properties. Are your rental properties not in the Springfield, Missouri area? Call me anyway, because I have hundreds of connections across the country and I can refer you to a good property manager in your area. Visit my web site at www.getpaul.com or call me at (417) 887-0501.

Until next time...

No comments: